Monday, March 9, 2009

Daylight Savings.....What?

Yesterday Stratton and I got up and got ready for church that starts at 9. We were pretty excited because we were going to be on time, and we didn't have any late basketball games and we werent getting home at 5 in the morning from traveling. So we drove to church and there were a lot of cars at church already. As we got out i kind of jokingly said "did church start at 8 today." So we walk in to the church and sacrament meeting has already started. At first We were like "that's weird", we thought we were going to be a minute or two early. So we walk in to find a seat and everybody is smiling so big at us and some people are even laughing it was really strange. So we sit down and Stratton looks up at the clock and started laughing so hard and was like Misti it's almost 10 and i still didn't get it. First I thought "did the electricity go off last night" I was just so confused and then Stratton told me daylight savings began last night..... Oh man we felt so stupid and it was pretty much the joke of the ward that day. Stupid Arizona kids forgot to set their clocks ahead haha Joke on us! It was pretty funny. So welcome Daylight savings! I still don't understand it.

12 comments:

Shandi said...

That is too funny. It's a good thing I have lived in Az my whole life because I sure don't understand day light savings at all!! Glad to see that you are both doing really well.

Traci Butler said...

Haha Misti you would! That's a good one.

Evvie Turley said...

Well at least you provided the comic relief for sacrament that day! You are so cute!

DeWitts said...

Oh my crazy little sister. You two are so funny. I told your story in visiting teaching today. they wanted to know when daylight savings started. haha! I can't wait for friday we are going to have the best week ever. i miss you guys! drive safe!

Coop wants me to ask if you can bring your pet dino? hehe!

jilliann said...

hahaha, too funny! I don't understand it either, it is so pointless if you ask me!

kasey kaufusi said...

oh gosh misti i would do thie same thing! Its a good thing I moved to Hawaii where they just stay the same. Thanks for texting me the other day. totally made my day! ge

Sandi said...

I always find you amusing. That is a complement. Goodbye

Ashley said...

haha daylight savings is dumb! lol so funny of course az people just dont get it! ;) what an embarrassing way to figure it out tho haha

Maridon Rappleye said...

So funny!!! I think everyone has done that at one time or another. Got a funny email today about daylight savings time - this is what it said:

Wise old Indian reflects on Daylight Savings Time

"Only white man would believe
you could cut off top of blanket,
sew it to bottom of blanket,
and have longer blanket."

Andrew and Jena said...

That is too funny! I was just arguing with my fiance about daylight savings time when the time came to change the time here in utah and i told him Arizona never changes time. He had a hard time believing it just because the rest of the world does... but sure enough not Arizona!

Caldwells said...

Long time, not posts mist! Here is your B-day post??? :) We hope you had a fabulous day! Love you guys.

DeWitts said...

Update! Update! Update!

Gunner wants a post about him:)

Love ya!